My video editing and Adobe experience
Making videos is one of my passions. I started a few years ago using iMovie for editing before I upgraded to Adobe Premiere Pro. I have been using Mac for the past 7 years and I still use a Mac and enjoy Premiere Pro as part of my Adobe Creative Cloud Monthly Subscription and because I as a Graphic and Web Designer and Developer, I use most of the apps along my creative journey. However, I was eager to try something different to share with my readers and followers who need a simpler and less expensive alternative to Creative Cloud subscription to highlight and share memorable moments without sacrificing quality. And so, I ventured into Adobe Premiere Elements 2020.
Workspace and Usability
Although compatible with my MacBook Pro, I downloaded the Photoshop Elements 2020 on a Windows 10 Edition personal computer, with 16.0 GB RAM, Intel ® Core™ i7-8750H CPU @2.20 GHZ. Hence, my device met all the basic system requirements as specified in my article as you read further.
As I launch the software, I couldn’t help but notice the greyish, classic look of the workspace and soon I began to explore the different tools offered through the three main editing modes which are “Quick, Guided or Expert” which you can use per your familiarity with the software or needs.
Each of the modes offers very simple layout. I recommend the guided mode for anyone who is starting with video editing as it offers 23 guided edits to help you get started. Three of the guided edits are newly added to the 2020 version
In addition to being a very simple editing and conversion tools some features users love are:
- Auto creations
- Users can create a dynamic collage with videos and photos to show many memories at once. Then easily export or share it on social media.
- Creates stunning panoramas : Use Photomerge Panorama to easily stitch together multiple photos and get a stunning result.
What is New with Adobe Premiere Elements 2020 ?
Here are some of the new video editing features you can expect:
- Shot your video in low light? Make it look more crisp with a simple drag and drop of the Reduce Noise effect
- Replace static skies with moving ones to create an eye-catching effect.
- Bring a vertical clip or photo into a horizontal video (or vice versa) so it looks seamless. Black bars are filled in to match the look of your video.
- Turn a series of photos or videos into a time-lapse that speeds up the action.
- Your videos are auto-tagged based on subjects like sunsets, birthdays, dogs, cats, and more. Powered by Adobe Sensei AI technology.
- The faces in your videos are automatically recognized during import, and then the videos are stacked by person so it’s easy to tag and find them later. Powered by Adobe Sensei
- Import and edit HEIF photo files and HEVC video files on Windows as well as macOS
Here are a few facts checks as you get ready to purchase your Adobe Premiere Elements 2020
Editing Type(s): Color correction, Effects, Filters, Image, Text
Automatic Editing Options: Yes
Operating System: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, macOS 10.13, macOS 10.15, macOS Mojave 10.14
Compatible Platform(s): Mac, Windows
Software Format: Physical
The minimal system requirements are as followed
2GHz or faster processor with SSE2 support;
4GB of RAM (8GB recommended);
6.1GB HDD (Win), 8GB HDD (Mac);
1280×800 display resolution (at 100% scale factor);
Internet connection required for product activation and content download
I did enjoy exploring the features of the software and was also very impressed with the exporting options they have. I made a short video using the Quick mode , and exporting for TV use. You can see the video here. I was very happy with the quality and how it turned out. I also think this can be a great gift for someone who love saring
Disclaimer: I received a compensation in exchange for this procuct review